Location: Captain Phil - Forever on our mind and in our hearts

Discussion: RAISING THE MILLION FOR JOSH & JAKE TO OWN THE CORNELIA MARIE!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 11 of 11  |  Show  posts at a time
Jesse'sback
Jesse'sback
RAISING THE MILLION FOR JOSH & JAKE TO OWN THE CORNELIA MARIE!
Aug 30 2010, 10:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 30 2010, 10:23 PM EDT
Josh & Jake our trying to raise a million dollars to buy out the other half. The want to own the boat in full... for the "Old Man"...
The Discovery Channel and Deadliest Catch should help the boys with this endeavor. Let's face between the popularity of our "Beloved Captain Phil", and the show in it's entirety, made quite a bundle on them. With Josh and Jake owning the Cornelia Marie in full.... would only boost the already soaring ratings of the show.
If any of you wikian's feel this is a just cause..... LET DISCOVERY CHANNEL AND DEADLIEST CATCH TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE!!!!!!!
12  out of 14 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None
Jesse'sback
Jesse'sback
1. RE: RAISING THE MILLION FOR JOSH & JAKE TO OWN THE CORNELIA MARIE!
Aug 30 2010, 10:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 30 2010, 10:25 PM EDT
Wikians.... this is a call to arms for Captain Phils beloved sons...... just think how proud the "Old Man" would be to see his sons own "His" boat out right....
Pass the Word, Blow the Horns, Ring the Bells..... THE CORNELIA MARIE IS THE HARRIS BOYS LEGACY!!!!!!!
7  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

flyingfool
2. RE: RAISING THE MILLION FOR JOSH & JAKE TO OWN THE CORNELIA MARIE!
Aug 31 2010, 6:11 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 31 2010, 6:11 AM EDT
I'm all for Discovery stepping up to throw in some cash.

But are Josh/Jake going to start some sort of fund so that we can all chip in a little?

Just wondering. I don't have a lot of extra cash but I'd be willing tho throw in a few "beer money" bucks towards this worthy cause! I'd bet others would too.

Just think 1 million viewers with a $1 each would get it done!
12  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    
GuinnessWIWoman
GuinnessWIWoman
3. RE: RAISING THE MILLION FOR JOSH & JAKE TO OWN THE CORNELIA MARIE!
Sep 1 2010, 6:25 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 1 2010, 6:25 AM EDT
Heck, I would be willing to put in at least five or ten dollars. 8  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
CM-MBM
CM-MBM
4. FYI
Sep 1 2010, 6:50 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 1 2010, 6:51 AM EDT
From www.captainphilharris.com website:

F/V Cornelia Marie Donation Update

To all our friends and fans in the Capt Phil Nation we want to thank you for your support in the effort to raise money for Josh and Jake to purchase the F/V Cornelia Marie. It meant so much that our fans were willing to help out and see Capt. Phil's sons continue the long family tradition. But today we are happy to say that the co-owner of the Cornelia Marie, Cornelia herself has choosen not to sell her interest in the boat. So Josh & Jake will become co-owners with Cornelia to the fishing vessel made famous on Deadliest Catch. Now a special thank you goes out to Tim Harrison for his effort to rally together all our fans to help Josh and Jake. On behalf of Phil's sons it means so very much that people like Tim are out there offering their support. So thanks again Tim. We look forward to meeting you and thanking you in person someday soon. Russ Herriott Russ Herriott President & CEO Captain's Reserve Coffee, LLC SEI-Sports & Entertainment International
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
conniemcfalls2
conniemcfalls2
5. RE: the boys owning the cornelia marie.
Sep 1 2010, 9:30 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 1 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
that is a good thing. if miss cornelia ever desides to sell let us know and maybe we all can help.
everyone loved phil and would help the boys to keep his dream alive.
good luck to them both.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

mad127d
6. RE: RAISING THE MILLION FOR JOSH & JAKE TO OWN THE CORNELIA MARIE!
Sep 4 2010, 3:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 4 2010, 3:40 PM EDT
Certainly with all the promo and branded merchandise they sell the boys can raise the $ themselves. Lets see they have a coffee brand, underwear, and assorted other items. In addition to the 6 figures they make on the boat, and what Discovery pays them. Right now I struggle to make the bills, so they wont be getting any $ from me. 3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

kathy0820
7. RE: RAISING THE MILLION FOR JOSH & JAKE TO OWN THE CORNELIA MARIE!
Sep 8 2010, 6:27 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 8 2010, 6:27 AM EDT
"Certainly with all the promo and branded merchandise they sell the boys can raise the $ themselves. Lets see they have a coffee brand, underwear, and assorted other items. In addition to the 6 figures they make on the boat, and what Discovery pays them. Right now I struggle to make the bills, so they wont be getting any $ from me. "
Phil Harris never had a damn thing handed to him. He worked his first crab boat for 3 months with NO pay. A deckhand broke his leg & had to leave, which made Phil a deckhand with pay. Phil would say his boys already have a hell of a lot more than he ever did, starting out, & that you don't appreciate what you have, unless you work for it & earn it. His boys already have it a hell of a lot better than most of us do. I wouldn't waste my time or money on those that are better off than we are. Sounds like those that want to donate are feeling sorry for them, which they damn sure don't need. You wanna give money & have them owe you? Get a life! I agree with mad127d. They need no money or help from us.
3  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

spunkytut1950
8. RE: RAISING THE MILLION FOR JOSH & JAKE TO OWN THE CORNELIA MARIE!
Sep 8 2010, 10:41 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 8 2010, 10:41 AM EDT
Hi. My name is Joyce McIntyre and I have been a fan scents day one. And I would like the address where I can send $50.00 to help JOSH and JAKE because I want them to full fill there dream of owning The Cornelia Marie. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
CM-MBM
CM-MBM
9. RE: RAISING THE MILLION FOR JOSH & JAKE - NOT NEEDED!!
Sep 8 2010, 11:10 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 8 2010, 11:10 AM EDT
Joyce your a sweetheart, but as I posted above The boys do not need the money now. Cornelia Marie has decided to keep her share of the boat and help out the Harris brothers in the quest to become captains. I am sure sometime in the future the boys will own the boat, but for now they are concentrating on making their father proud. Stay tuned - Next season will be wonderful! 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Justushere
Justushere
10. RE: RAISING THE MILLION FOR JOSH & JAKE - NOT NEEDED!!
Sep 8 2010, 12:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 8 2010, 12:05 PM EDT
I would never assume I would know anything about running a boat, but I would think there is much more to it then driving, seems Josh and Jake are lucky to have Cornelia Marie help guide them, especially on the business side. some day they'll be ready to take over, but they got a lot to learn first. They are truly blessed to have such a support system around them, from their family to their fans, we'll all be cheering them on! 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?