Discussion: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONSReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 49  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 | Next
Sandinag
Sandinag
AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 23 2011, 2:59 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 23 2011, 2:59 AM EDT
I REALLY ENJOY WATCHING AFTER THE CATCH WHERE ALL THE CREW TALKS ABOUT EVENTS THAT HAPPEN WHILE OUT CRABBING,I NOTICED THAT TONY LARA WAS NOT WITH THE CREW IN THE DISCUSSIONS,THIS PAST WEEK.I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT HE HAS TO SAY REGARDING HIS EXPERINCE WITH HIS CREW AND HOW IT WAS WORKING WITH THE HARRIS BOYS AND DOES HE SMELL POT ON THE CREW MEMBERS,LIKE DERRICK SAID 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: DISCUSSIONS FROM THE BAR
nyokia
nyokia
1. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 23 2011, 5:52 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 23 2011, 5:52 AM EDT
I love the after the catch shows. If for no other reason the Capts are all cleaned up and looking good. lol 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
nyokia
nyokia
2. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 23 2011, 6:04 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 23 2011, 6:04 AM EDT
Seriously it gives them a chance to say how they were feeling or what they were thinking. The storm was really scary, So many people got hurt, not just one boat but most of them had someone hurt or sick. It was a reality check for some. I love the way Capt Sig encouraged Jake A after Nick got hurt. I have always thought Jake A was the best greenhorn ever and I am so happy Capt Sig is being a mentor to him. Especially since Edgar had to take some time off. Every one misses Edgar. Me too. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sandinag
Sandinag
3. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 24 2011, 5:50 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 24 2011, 5:50 AM EDT
how true,i would love to go to the place they all go for the show,last year it was in new orleans which is only 45 mintues from where i live.the last show was in honor of captain phil.the captains had their harleys and then had the semi-mardi gras parade ..i sure hope they tape the show down in louisiana soon.also i do not know how to quite take the young captain on the ramblin rose.what do you think of him? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
nyokia
nyokia
4. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 24 2011, 7:14 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 24 2011, 7:14 AM EDT
My first thoughts of Elloit was he was too arrogant for a young capt, however my feeling have softened and I find myself feeling bad for him. He has so much riding on finding the Crab but since he is a little more humble now I really wish him the best. The Ramblin Rose is all rusty looking and it looks so sad compared to the Northwestern or the Time Bandit. Its almost like the ugly stepson. LOL Do you find this valuable?    
nyokia
nyokia
5. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 24 2011, 7:21 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 24 2011, 7:21 AM EDT
I watched the show from New Orleans and I loved it. Were you there when the were dancing in the street? Wish I could have been. Did they let people go in the bar they were taping in? I would have loved to see Capt Sig dancing. Do you find this valuable?    
Sandinag
Sandinag
6. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 24 2011, 8:40 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 24 2011, 8:40 AM EDT
hey,no people were allowed in ,but outside they were pilled high,they had massive harley people and their bikes and one big party going on.you could not even get close.alot of the streets were blocked off.sure wish they would come back down.the crew had family with them,heard sig could flat do some jitter buggin,he does that as well as he can crab,if you ever get the chance you must come down to the big easy as we from the south call it,one big party and for mardi gras its wild down here 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
nyokia
nyokia
7. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 24 2011, 11:02 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 24 2011, 11:02 AM EDT
Would have loved to been there but I didn't know about it in time to plan for it. I have to work for a living. lol but it is close enough I could do it with careful planing. Alaska -Washington -Hawaii out of my reach. I'm from Arkansas. Do you find this valuable?    
Cloudsinmotion
Cloudsinmotion
8. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 24 2011, 12:46 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 24 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
"My first thoughts of Elloit was he was too arrogant for a young capt, however my feeling have softened and I find myself feeling bad for him. He has so much riding on finding the Crab but since he is a little more humble now I really wish him the best. The Ramblin Rose is all rusty looking and it looks so sad compared to the Northwestern or the Time Bandit. Its almost like the ugly stepson. LOL"
Know what's funny? All the boats looked like that before the show took off in popularity. The whole fleet looked like just a whole line of rust buckets. They'd get painted maybe every other year and that was it. Some, by far, worse off than others.It was a common activity during Salmon Tendering for the crews to be rattle-gunning clean an area and then paint it while they waited for the boats to arrive and offload to them. I think Gail has picks of the Kodiak crew doing this last summer. But it seems the rest of the DC boats have it done professionally, every year.

I don't trust Elliot. I don't think he knows how to be a good leader. Sig's comments to him point to his biggest fault. He has to push hard, no doubt, to prove himself as a Captain. But he doesn't need to be an a-hole to get it done.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sandinag
Sandinag
9. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 25 2011, 6:25 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 25 2011, 6:25 AM EDT
hello,cloudsinmotion i am with you on elliot.he was so rude to his assigned camera man,cursing at him to put the cameras away.i can not belive a captain on the boat would act so inmature.on after the catch they brought the subject up and even captain sig said he could not believe elliot could not get along with the DC production crew.elliot was boasting about him being a captain at 28 years old.i do not think i would be comfortable on his ramblin rose,until he showed signs of growing up.i watched the video also on the web,just could not believe it,have a good one.sandi 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
pearlhunter
pearlhunter
10. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 25 2011, 5:19 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 25 2011, 5:19 PM EDT
"hey,no people were allowed in ,but outside they were pilled high,they had massive harley people and their bikes and one big party going on.you could not even get close.alot of the streets were blocked off.sure wish they would come back down.the crew had family with them,heard sig could flat do some jitter buggin,he does that as well as he can crab,if you ever get the chance you must come down to the big easy as we from the south call it,one big party and for mardi gras its wild down here"
It's on my bucket list! =)
Do you find this valuable?    
nyokia
nyokia
11. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 27 2011, 8:13 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 27 2011, 8:13 AM EDT
I think Elliot got some of the wind knocked out of his sails. Capt Sig said it all when he said he didn't know how to read his crew. Do you find this valuable?    
nyokia
nyokia
12. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 27 2011, 8:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 27 2011, 8:16 AM EDT
"It's on my bucket list! =)"
I have so many things on my bucket list I will have to live 2 life times. LOL
nyokia
nyokia
13. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 27 2011, 9:18 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 27 2011, 9:27 AM EDT
"It's on my bucket list! =)"
I also need someone to leave me a bajillion dollars
Sandinag
Sandinag
14. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 28 2011, 3:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 28 2011, 3:07 AM EDT
i am with all of you on this one,waiting for tonights show to see what happens and the disussions on after the catch.hoping the new captain from the CM will be on the show so we all can hear how things are going mainly with jake and josh,hoping you all have a good day,looking forward for our next discussions. sandi 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
pearlhunter
pearlhunter
15. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 28 2011, 6:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 28 2011, 6:21 PM EDT
"i am with all of you on this one,waiting for tonights show to see what happens and the disussions on after the catch.hoping the new captain from the CM will be on the show so we all can hear how things are going mainly with jake and josh,hoping you all have a good day,looking forward for our next discussions. sandi"
I thought it was a great episode! They ran the gamut in emotions tonight, that's for sure.
CaroleMay
CaroleMay
16. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 29 2011, 6:47 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 29 2011, 6:47 AM EDT
The best was when Discovery channel had a contest in 2008. I won and had dinner with all the captains and many of the crew members at a restaurant on Alki Beach in Seattle. There were only 50 of us so we all got a chance to talk with all the captains and take loads of photos. I had a blast!!

I also stopped on my way and saw the Northwestern at the dock :)
nyokia
nyokia
17. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 29 2011, 11:26 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 29 2011, 11:26 AM EDT
"The best was when Discovery channel had a contest in 2008. I won and had dinner with all the captains and many of the crew members at a restaurant on Alki Beach in Seattle. There were only 50 of us so we all got a chance to talk with all the captains and take loads of photos. I had a blast!!

I also stopped on my way and saw the Northwestern at the dock :)"
I am soo jealous. I never win any thing. LOL Great pic of Capt Jon. Wish he would grow his hair out again. that adds to his bad boy image. I know you had a great time, that would have been a trip of a lifetime. Happy you got to have the experience.
nyokia
nyokia
18. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 29 2011, 11:31 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 29 2011, 11:31 AM EDT
Great show last night. Loved how Jake A huged the guys neck he had been so upset with. He is such a sweetie. He was really stressing. Do you find this valuable?    
Sandinag
Sandinag
19. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 30 2011, 6:09 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 30 2011, 6:09 AM EDT
you lucky person,wish they would do that again,what if you dont mind me asking was your plan ,or would you rather not say,i think this would make a great new discussion format for the people who had the chance to meet the crew and see the fleet of boats.thanks carolemay for sharing this with us all.who was your favorite captain and crew members,would love to hear more about your dinner Do you find this valuable?    
2 3 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)