Discussion: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONSReported This is a featured thread

Showing 21 - 40 of 49  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Sandinag
Sandinag
20. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jun 30 2011, 12:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 30 2011, 12:52 PM EDT
HI NYOKIA,I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING ABOUT CAPTAIN JONS HAIR.HE LOOKS MORE RUGGISH WITH THE LONG HAIR.I NOTICED HIS HAIR GETS SHORTER WITH EACH SHOW,BUT HE IS STILL GOOD LOOKIN TO WATCH.IT SEEMS ALL THE CAPTAINS ARE GOING WITH THE SHORT LOOK EXCEPT WILD BILL.OMG WHAT WILL WE BE TALKING ABOUT NEXT, WISHING ALL A SAFE AND HAPPY 4TH. Do you find this valuable?    
nyokia
nyokia
21. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 1 2011, 8:13 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 1 2011, 8:13 AM EDT
"HI NYOKIA,I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING ABOUT CAPTAIN JONS HAIR.HE LOOKS MORE RUGGISH WITH THE LONG HAIR.I NOTICED HIS HAIR GETS SHORTER WITH EACH SHOW,BUT HE IS STILL GOOD LOOKIN TO WATCH.IT SEEMS ALL THE CAPTAINS ARE GOING WITH THE SHORT LOOK EXCEPT WILD BILL.OMG WHAT WILL WE BE TALKING ABOUT NEXT, WISHING ALL A SAFE AND HAPPY 4TH."
The first season Jake A was on as a greenhorn his hair was a lot longer then too but it seems like most are going with shorter hair. Capt Sigs I guess is about the same and wild Bill, his is just longer. Has he not got the most gorgeous long gray hair. I love it. I just like longer hair. Thank goodness it seems to be coming back. See a lot of teenagers with longer hair lately.
Do you find this valuable?    
Sandinag
Sandinag
22. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 1 2011, 12:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 1 2011, 12:04 PM EDT
I DO LOVE HIS HAIR,I WANDER HOW OLD HE IS,AND THEY HAVE THEIR EAR PIERCED AS WELL,VERY QG IN MY BOOK. Do you find this valuable?    
pearlhunter
pearlhunter
23. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 1 2011, 6:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 1 2011, 6:02 PM EDT
"The best was when Discovery channel had a contest in 2008. I won and had dinner with all the captains and many of the crew members at a restaurant on Alki Beach in Seattle. There were only 50 of us so we all got a chance to talk with all the captains and take loads of photos. I had a blast!!

I also stopped on my way and saw the Northwestern at the dock :)"
Outstanding! I bet you had an amazing evening!
pearlhunter
pearlhunter
24. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 1 2011, 6:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 1 2011, 6:04 PM EDT
"HI NYOKIA,I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING ABOUT CAPTAIN JONS HAIR.HE LOOKS MORE RUGGISH WITH THE LONG HAIR.I NOTICED HIS HAIR GETS SHORTER WITH EACH SHOW,BUT HE IS STILL GOOD LOOKIN TO WATCH.IT SEEMS ALL THE CAPTAINS ARE GOING WITH THE SHORT LOOK EXCEPT WILD BILL.OMG WHAT WILL WE BE TALKING ABOUT NEXT, WISHING ALL A SAFE AND HAPPY 4TH."
The same from our house. We hope you all have a safe, happy 4th!

WrenOwl
25. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 6 2011, 9:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 6 2011, 9:36 AM EDT
If you look at the Rambin' Rose's facebook page, you'll see that he got the boat painted in the off season. It kind of looks like the Wizard or the Time Bandit. Do you find this valuable?    
Sandinag
Sandinag
26. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 6 2011, 10:06 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 6 2011, 10:06 AM EDT
it appears to be an older boat for sure,which a little paint will not hurt,but its the captain i am not sure of,he really needs to change his attitude or grow up a little more,but that is my opinion.i was alittle concerned about tony why did he move when they were pulling up pots with 600,then was told they were out of bait,what was the deckhand thinking,then he tried to blame tony for working them too much would love to hear some feed back from last nights show Do you find this valuable?    
nyokia
nyokia
27. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 7 2011, 12:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 7 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
The Ramblin Rose could sure use a paint job alright. As for the Capt he is a little too arrogant and I am sure he has a great deal to learn about being a Capt. Capt Sig tried to give him some advice but I doubt that he will take it. I felt bad for him when he wasn't catching any crab but I am a sucker for the underdog. I think I can honestly say he will never be my favorite Capt. Do you find this valuable?    
nyokia
nyokia
28. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 7 2011, 12:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 7 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
"i was alittle concerned about tony why did he move when they were pulling up pots with 600,then was told they were out of bait,what was the deckhand thinking,then he tried to blame tony for working them too much would love to hear some feed back from last nights show"
Capt Tony said he was going to move so he would be closer for the unload. To me, (who knows absolutely nothing about crab fishing) he could have stayed put and pulled the big numbers and then headed for the unloading. I am sure we all agree it wasn't Capt Tonys fault about the bait. I would think it would be the deckhand working the bait. Seems like another Capt (Keith?) went off on someone about bait once. Everyone knows no matter what you are fishing for you have to have plenty of bait. LOL
pearlhunter
pearlhunter
29. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 8 2011, 10:59 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 8 2011, 10:59 AM EDT
I really enjoyed this week's ATC session! Jon set Keith straight on the ownership transfer of the Time Bandit (no one gave the Hillstrand brothers anything - they had to buy that boat). Keith added some much-needed humor and hopefully the Captains have buried the on-air hatchet. AND it was really nice to see Josh apologize for his blow-up at former Cornelia Captain Derrick Ray. It was exactly as I thought too. Derrick jabbed one time too many at Phil's parenting. I would have jumped in his pile too, were it my dad he was running his mouth on.

Tona Lara seems like a good Captain. Over the years I've seen nearly all of them move off of a good biomass pile. I never understood it, but that's probably why I'm not a crab boat Captain. Well that - and I'm a warm water girl. You're not getting me on that ice cold water. I'd rather just sit back and watch the pros bring in the crab and salmon (yum). So hooray and 3 cheers for Deadliest Catch! ;-)
pearlhunter
pearlhunter
30. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 8 2011, 11:00 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 8 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
"The first season Jake A was on as a greenhorn his hair was a lot longer then too but it seems like most are going with shorter hair. Capt Sigs I guess is about the same and wild Bill, his is just longer. Has he not got the most gorgeous long gray hair. I love it. I just like longer hair. Thank goodness it seems to be coming back. See a lot of teenagers with longer hair lately."
nokia - Wild Bill would be a killer in a duster & a pair of cowboy boots!
nyokia
nyokia
31. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 8 2011, 12:26 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 8 2011, 12:26 PM EDT
"nokia - Wild Bill would be a killer in a duster & a pair of cowboy boots! "
OMG I hadn't thought about it but you are so right on that.
nyokia
nyokia
32. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 8 2011, 12:33 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 8 2011, 12:36 PM EDT
"I really enjoyed this week's ATC session! Jon set Keith straight on the ownership transfer of the Time Bandit (no one gave the Hillstrand brothers anything - they had to buy that boat). Keith added some much-needed humor and hopefully the Captains have buried the on-air hatchet. AND it was really nice to see Josh apologize for his blow-up at former Cornelia Captain Derrick Ray. It was exactly as I thought too. Derrick jabbed one time too many at Phil's parenting. I would have jumped in his pile too, were it my dad he was running his mouth on.

"
I did to. I was glad Jon set Keith straight about the Time Bandit. I have heard Keith make remarks on more than one occasion about having it gave to him. good to see Josh man up and apologize but I probually would have popped Derrick in the nose with the first comment About Capt Phil. I like how they are doing ATC after each show. I do enjoy the 2 hours.
pearlhunter
pearlhunter
33. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 9 2011, 3:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 9 2011, 3:15 AM EDT
"I did to. I was glad Jon set Keith straight about the Time Bandit. I have heard Keith make remarks on more than one occasion about having it gave to him. good to see Josh man up and apologize but I probually would have popped Derrick in the nose with the first comment About Capt Phil. I like how they are doing ATC after each show. I do enjoy the 2 hours."
I agree with you about Derrick & I throw a mean left hook! rofl Jon is a true womanizer - but he enjoys being a womanizer! =)
pearlhunter
pearlhunter
34. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 9 2011, 3:17 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 9 2011, 3:17 AM EDT
"The Ramblin Rose could sure use a paint job alright. As for the Capt he is a little too arrogant and I am sure he has a great deal to learn about being a Capt. Capt Sig tried to give him some advice but I doubt that he will take it. I felt bad for him when he wasn't catching any crab but I am a sucker for the underdog. I think I can honestly say he will never be my favorite Capt."
He doesn't have enough bass in his voice to turn my gear! =)
LiL.C13
LiL.C13
35. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 9 2011, 4:04 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 9 2011, 4:04 AM EDT
OMG!!! you guys are great and I love reading your post....This place puts a smile on my face.....GOD BLESS.. Do you find this valuable?    
Sandinag
Sandinag
36. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 10 2011, 9:13 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 10 2011, 9:13 AM EDT
I FEEL THE SAME THEY ARE REALLY GOOD WITH THIER COMMEMTS AND I AGREE WITH THEM WHOLE HEARTILY.THEY GET TO THE POINT OF THE MATTER IN SUCH A KIND AND POSITIVE WAY ABOUT ALL THE DISCUSSIONS.ATC SHOW WAS REALLY GREAT ON TUESDAY NIGHT,BUT I REALLY WAS NOT INTERESTED ABOUT THE SEABROOKE,BUT MAYBE IN TIME THE BOAT AND CREW WILL PEAK MY INTEREST ALONG WITH THE RAMBLIN ROSE,I FEEL THEY WILL HAVE TO GROW ON ME.TO ALL MY DISCUSSION FREINDS KEEP UP THE GREAT COMMENTS I RESPECT AND LOVE TO READ WHATYOU HAVE TO SAY Do you find this valuable?    
LiL.C13
LiL.C13
37. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 10 2011, 11:24 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 10 2011, 11:24 AM EDT
SEABROOK & RAMBLIN ROSE ???? Hhhuuummmm, who are these guys and what are they all about ?? I keep watching just so I can find out.....I know they are new to the show I've been watching. I'm sure in do time both boats will grow on us...May their pots be full and travels be safe to both of theme and the rest of the fleet....Bod Bless Do you find this valuable?    
Sandinag
Sandinag
38. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 10 2011, 12:22 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 10 2011, 12:22 PM EDT
I AM WITH YOU ON THIS ONE. Do you find this valuable?    
LiL.C13
LiL.C13
39. RE: AFTER THE CATCH DISCUSSIONS
Jul 10 2011, 1:19 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 10 2011, 1:19 PM EDT
Thats good to know. So far what I have seen of theme is pretty good. I think that the longer they are with the show the more we will get to know...God Bless Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)